<WebLink® Frequently Asked Questions>
Please read this FAQ to get answers to some of the most frequently asked questions asked by the WebLink user community.
Q1. What is WebLink?
WebLink is a next generation application delivery platform for in-vehicle infotainment. It leverages the power of the phone to deliver driver relevant applications to the in-vehicle displays (car radios) in a safe manner. WebLink enabled applications run on the smartphone and are "projected" to the in-vehicle systems.
Q2. How can I find what applications are compatible with my car radio?
Download the WebLink Host application from the app store onto your smartphone (Apple App Store or Google Play Store) and connect your phone to a compatible WebLink car radio.
Once the connection between the phone and car radio is established, the car radio will pass it's identity to WebLink and the corresponding apps will be displayed in the "Apps" tab of the WebLink Host application which is available when the phone is not connected to a car radio. When the WebLink Host app is launched and connected to the car radio, the WebLink home screen on the car radio will show the compatible app icons.
App compatibility may vary by car radio.
Q3. How do I discover if my car radio is WebLink compatible?
Look for a WebLink certified logo on your product's packaging or in the owner's manual of your vehicle. If your understanding is that you have a compatible WebLink car radio, connect your phone to the car radio via the correct USB connection as described in the car radio manufacturer and launch the WebLink Host application on your phone. If the car radio is compatible, the WebLink connection should be established and the phone screen and car radio should indicated that WebLink is started.
Q4. What phones are supported by WebLink?
iPhones with iOS version 10.0 and above are supported by WebLink
Android phones with Android version 5.0 and above on Android certified phones are supported by WebLink
Q5. Why don't I have access to a certain app?
Each car radio has a unique set of applications which are defined by the car radio manufacturer.
Q6. I have a certified WebLink car radio and a supported smartphone, but WebLink won't launch when the phone is connected to the car radio. How can I use WebLink?
We suggest following these steps:
- Start by reading the owners manual supplied by the car radio or car manufacturer of your WebLink compatible unit.
- Ensure you have downloaded the WebLink Host application on your smartphone.
- Connect your iPhone or Android device to the car radio using a certified USB cable. Be sure to connect the the phone to the correct USB input as described by youre WebLink compatible car radio/car manufacturer's owners manual.
- Some car radios may require you to adjust the settings in their menu to enable WebLink. Be sure the WebLink settings are enabled on the car radio as described in your owners manual.
- Make sure your phone is unlocked when connecting to the car radio. For security purposes, the apps will not project onto the car radio if the phone screen is locked.
Q7. How do I add more WebLink compatible apps?
Each car radio manufacturer decides what applications are compatible with their car radios. Abalta and our customers area always looking for applications which are of interest to drivers.
If you have any suggestions on what apps you would like to see compatible with WebLink, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q8. I only see a black screen on my car radio when I launch WebLink on my phone. How can I get apps to show up properly?
- Confirm that you have a WebLink compatible car radio.
- Make sure you have the correct WebLink Host application downloaded from the app store and installed on your phone.
- Launch the WebLink Host app on your phone and connect your phone via USB to the correct USB port described by your car radio manufacturer.
Note: Be sure to use an authorized and certified USB cable as often 3rd party cables are not suitable for use with WebLink.
Q9. The WebLink Weather app won't show me weather information?
Be sure to give WebLink access to your location so that it can provide you with weather data around your location. Check the permission settings of your phone to grant WebLink access.
Q10. When I launch the Music Player application, why don't my music tracks show up in the search results?
Be sure to give WebLink access to your Media so that it can access your video content from your phone. Check the permission settings of your phone to grant WebLink access.
Q11. When I launch the Video Player application, why don't my video tracks show up in the search results?
Be sure to give WebLink access to your Camera Roll so that it can access your video content from your phone. Check the permission settings of your phone to grant WebLink access.
<WebLink® Known Issues>
The following list of known issues with WebLink are currently in the process of being resolved. In the meantime, we'd like to provide you some information regarding these issues so that you can continue your WebLink experience.