Technical Project Manager
As a Technical Project Manager you will be in the front-line working on one or more exciting projects with our external customers. Projects will be fast-paced and challenging, and will require your analysis and critical-thinking skills. Managing both the technical team’s success along with the customer relationship, the project manager acts as the main point of contact for the project.
- Provide leadership and direct teams in the delivery of high-quality services within committed time frames to the customer
- Collaborate with the customer in a consultative role when eliciting their business and technical requirements
- Manage the relationship with the client/customer throughout the project duration
- Accountable for customer satisfaction and focused on delivering valuable insights to the customer
- Identify risks and issues throughout the project, monitor service delivery, and initiate strategies and plans to ensure delivery of high-quality services
- Create and maintain project plans and schedules
- Actively manage scope and change
- Ensure that project documentation is created and is maintained
- Escalate unresolved issues to Senior management
- Plan and execute Agile/Scrum methodology for software development
- Participate in the planning and development of the technical culture of the company
- MUST be a US citizen or eligible to work in the US for any employer without any restrictions
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant project / program management experience
- Minimum of 3 years working in software consulting companies working with external clients
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environments a MUST – CSM preferred
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be self-motivated. Must be able to anticipate problems, spot new business opportunities and take a proactive approach to responsibilities
- Have strong interpersonal skills to facilitate working within a team and build relationships with the customer
Travel to customer sites may be necessary depending on project need.
The work environment is typical of a small office, open cubicle work area. Noise includes typical office disruptions such as talking, office machines, ringing telephones, etc.
Abalta is a global leader in software design and development. Connected cars, autonomous vehicle technologies, the Internet of things, embedded applications, Internet radio and mobile apps are just some of the cool things we work on at Abalta. We are pioneers in the navigation and mapping industry and have worked with over 60 global name brands since our inception.
If you are interested in this position at Abalta, please send us your cover letter and resume, and we’ll follow up.