Abalta’s employees experience the excitement of working in a fast growing and dynamic environment and the opportunity to work on some of the coolest tech in the industry. Our success is a direct result of the team and culture we have created. Employees are afforded the opportunity to explore new technical areas while also sharpening their existing skills on the many leading-edge solutions we develop for our clients.
Work as a member of a small team building next generation solutions in connected car and IoT. Our team members help each other become great software engineers capable of solving some of the hardest problems on the planet. We are on the leading edge of connected car and mobile technology and seek job candidates that want to join the ranks of a successful, growing and dynamic software company.
If you have what it takes, Abalta Technologies is looking for software engineers to become part of our core development team. The ideal candidate is a creative self-starter with great drive and motivation to work on exciting and challenging projects.
Abalta Technologies provide a generous benefits package that includes 20 days of personal time off (PTO).
The following are the mandatory requirements. The candidate must:
- Be a US citizen or have unrestricted and continuing employment authorization in the US
- Have a BS or MS in CS, CE, or EE
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be self-motivated. Must be able to anticipate problems, spot opportunities and take a proactive approach to responsibilities.
- Be motivated to continue to learn new skills
- Have strong interpersonal skills to facilitate working within a team and with the customer.
One or more of these skills are highly desired:
- Development experience with embedded real time operating systems (QNX, Embedded Linux, Windows CE etc).
- Development experience with mobile devices running iOS, Android, and/or Windows Mobile.
- Experience with STL, JAVA and C#.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and .NET application development
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology
Ideally, you would possess the following additional skills:
- Experience with digital map compilers, geospatial algorithms or GPS application software
- Software subsystem design and implementation
- Attend code and design reviews
- Interact with customers
Help drive the technical direction of the engineering group in the following areas:
- Coding standards and guidelines
- Agile/Scrum methodology
- Provide assistance to other engineers in a constructive manner that will promote productivity.
Abalta is a global leader in software design and development. Connected cars, autonomous vehicle technologies, the Internet of things, embedded applications, Internet radio and mobile apps are just some of the cool things we work on at Abalta. We are pioneers in the navigation and mapping industry and have worked with over 60 global name brands since our inception.
If you are interested in this position at Abalta, please send us your cover letter and resume, and we’ll follow up.